Peanut butter has been popular in the United States for a long time, but it has conquered the Brazilian market in recent years. It is known to help gain muscle mass, especially among athletes and bodybuilders. The popularization of peanut pulp has also given rise to new similar products derived from other chestnuts. Peanut paste is highly sought after because of its taste and health benefits. A common doubt concerns the differences between peanut products and the benefits of each, is it just the name that changes or the qualities as well? Paste usually contains refined sugar and salt in its composition, but there is no addition of other types of oils other than natural peanut, which helps control cholesterol. While butter is made without added sugar, which helps control blood sugar levels, vegetable oil is often needed to increase the creaminess, making the dough better. Nevertheless, it is good to remember that both products are rich in antioxidants and are great sources of energy. Therefore, they have become the darlings of athletes and people who have a healthy diet. But it is recommended to always look at the label and choose the product with the lowest number of ingredients.
The 6 benefits of peanut butter
From heart benefits to its power to increase the body’s immunity, see examples of how this paste guarantees various qualities for the body.
– Muscle ally: Because it contains a large amount of potassium, an essential element for muscle function and formation, peanut paste helps with protein synthesis, which is why it is such a sought-after food for fitness enthusiasts.
– Prevents disease: Peanut butter is rich in minerals and vitamin E, a natural antioxidant that helps fight free radicals, prevent premature aging and degenerative diseases, and boost immunity. It also contains vitamin B6 and other antioxidants that help prevent heart disease and fight infection.
– Safe for bones: containing high levels of magnesium, a component that helps maintain bone health, the food is suitable for all ages and is especially important for growing children and the elderly, who are more susceptible to diseases such as osteoporosis.
– Prevents diabetes: peanut butter is a great source of omega-9, which helps control blood sugar, essential for preventing the development of diabetes. It also reduces the absorption of carbohydrates, which lowers the glycemic index of foods.
– Appetite control: although peanut paste is a caloric food, it is rich in fiber and protein, which reduces appetite and facilitates weight loss. The vitamin E in the product also makes you feel full, and the abundant omega-9 activates adiponectin, a hormone that sends commands to the body to produce energy from fat deposits.
– Lowers cholesterol: The omega-9s in peanut butter also help regulate cholesterol, making the food a source of healthy fats (polyunsaturated fats), which provide energy and help remove triglycerides and bad cholesterol from the body.
No wonder peanut butter is so sought after for its benefits to the body. By consuming it without exaggeration and combining it with a healthy diet and regular exercise, it becomes a weight loss facilitator and still gives up healthy.
How to make your own peanut butter?
And to ensure all these benefits without having to resort to industrialized versions that are expensive and contain higher amounts of sugars and preservatives, why not make your own homemade peanut butter?
Sugar or sweetener (optional)
Directions for preparation:
First, pour the peanuts into a baking dish and bake them for about 15 minutes at low temperature, this will make them release their natural oil ;
Then remove the pan with the lightly browned peanuts from the oven and place them in a blender or food processor;
The peanuts must be processed with patience, and it is necessary to open the blender several times and blend the part attached to the sides, making sure that the paste is creamy ;
Finally, add a spoonful of sugar or sweetener, a pinch of salt and whisk again, and your peanut butter is ready, just store it in a container of your choice.
It is worth remembering that the use of sugars and salt in the preparation of the paste is optional, for even healthier versions, it is recommended to use only peanuts. And, also, do not forget that, since it is a product without preservatives, it is less valid for about a month.
But just because peanut butter is a good food doesn’t mean it should be consumed without restrictions or excess.
Despite its weight-loss potential, peanut paste is high in fat, so excessive consumption can generate weight gain and acne intensification, so balance is key.
Another problem is that peanuts are one of the foods most known to cause allergies, so it is always useful to consult a doctor or nutritionist before consuming them.
It is important to know that there is no exact definition of the recommended amount of peanut paste consumption, as it varies from one organism to another, but it is indicated that the ideal would be two tablespoons for daily consumption. By being careful, not exceeding the consumption and with the help of a healthy and nutritious diet, peanut paste will only bring benefits and advantages to your health.